STARR READING SERIES CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS THROUGH MAY 15, 2014
We are thrilled to announce that we are accepting submissions for our 2014-15 Starr Reading Series! Submissions will be accepted through May 15th. Please review our submission guidelines below before submitting.
The Starr Reading Series is a way for us to expand our community while we celebrate and explore the plays of the city's most exciting playwrights. In three Seasons, we have featured the work of a diverse group of writers at all stages of their careers who are approaching writing for the theater in thrilling and unexpected ways. We are proud to continue to offer this ongoing series to our audiences FREE of charge! The 2014-15 series is curated by Noel Allain, Mallery Avidon & William Burke.
Past Participating Playwrights:
Jessica Almasy, Mallery Avidon, Clare Barron, Eliza Bent, Frank Boudreaux, William Burke, Jackie Sibblies Drury, Erik Ehn, Ben Gassman, Kathryn Hathaway, Hansol Jung, Paul Ketchum, Maya MacDonald, Christina Masciotti, D.J. Mendel, Gregory S. Moss, Paz Pardo, Jonathan Payne, Max Posner, Chip Rodgers, Normandy Sherwood, Mark Sitko, Ariel Stess, Katie Ka Vang, Leah Nanako Winkler, Moe Yousuf
If you would like to submit a script for consideration, please look over the following guidelines.
- We are excited about truly new plays and so we are only accepting scripts that have NOT received a public reading.
- Due to a large number of submissions last year, we are only able to consider one play from each playwright. We also ask that plays be submitted directly by the writer.
- We are looking for evening length works. To us this means at least 50 minutes. Use your best judgement, but please no 10 minute plays.
- Submit your script in PDF form only.
- Please call the PDF YourLastNameTheTitleofYourPlay. For example, FornesMud or ChurchillTopGirls
- Please include a Cover Page with The Title of Your Play, Your Name & Your Email Address.
In the body of your email please tell us a little bit about yourself and where you are in your process with the play. This is not an artist statement! This does not need to be an exhaustive resume! Just a paragraph or two is great!
To submit your script please email SRS@thebushwickstarr.org by Midnight May 15th 2014. Chosen playwrights will receive a small stipend to support their project. We will announce the 2014-15 Series participants in late August.
If you have any questions, please email us at SRS@thebushwickstarr.org
Thank you so much for considering sharing your work with us!